Friday, October 19, 2007

Like Residency, Only Much Better



Well I felt like I was back in residency this past week. I was in the hospital a lot. I was in the hospital with the exception of a few hours from Friday night at 10pm until Monday morning at noon. I did manage to make it to some church and a meeting, but was otherwise there. It was quite the experience. Most of it was dealing with OB patients. I have done 3 c-sections within the last week. I guess that is why I make the big money. I have really come to appreciate OB nurses that are comfortable with the process and monitoring patients. I had to do much of the monitoring myself. Today I have a clinic day off because I worked last Saturday at the clinic. I had to go into the hospital to see two moms, two babies, and then admit and elderly female. Life is pretty good. Luckily J and M are understanding. M is loving school. It is a much better experience for her than last year. She comes home happy and excited. They people at the school are wonderful.
M and J are very excited for Halloween. J is going to be a witch and the other night she was testing out make-up options. She is a trip. M was walking around the house with a long black wig on. Next week will be pumpkin carving time.

3 comments:

Todd said...

Have we gone high tech or what? The pictures are wonderful! It makes me miss the mountains. The beaches are supposed to be really nice here, I just haven't gone to them yet (I haven't had a reason). I suppose if I had some visitors, we'd make the trip of about 5-10 miles from my apartment!?! i guess I had better check them out first. Did I mention that Disneyworld is only 2 or so hours away in Orlando. Love ya! Miss Ya! Mean it!

Mike and Kelly said...

Sounds like life in Cut Bank is going pretty good for you guys. I am glad to hear that. We sure miss you guys. I am excited for the day that Mike is no longer a resident. It is amazing at how fast that seems to be approaching. Oh, and by the way, Halle thinks that her boyfriend in Leonardo the Ninja Turtle. It is nice to know that someone else will have a fictional green character as a future in-law.

The Brady Bunch said...

Cool stuff Seth. Glad to hear there is light at the end of the monotonous tunnel. 3 c-sections? Are you doing primaries?